How to Lead a Charmed Life

Sunday, November 27, 2005

Baby's First Haircut

Mommy and Daddy just couldn't seem to agree. I think that in order for her hair to grow it needs to be trimmed. She's 15 months old. It was definitely time. Daddy on the other hand thinks that it's a crime to at any point in life cut a girls hair (a constant bone of contention between the two of us I might add since I'm not overly fond of my hair being long). However, he told me to go ahead and get it cut if I thought she needed it.

It would seem that he was being sarcastic, I find this out of course, after I have taken her to get her hair cut. Really it wasn't even worth the argument. It was just short of a 1/8 inch trim to her bangs and a couple of extra long strands in the back. Her curls bounced back and you could see her eyes. More importantly without the hair she could use her eyes to see.

She completely enjoyed the hair cut. It was a place that catered specifically to children. They allowed the children (brother had his hair cut too) to chose which movie they would watch and each one got a television and stylist completely to themselves. Not to mention the really neat seats. Baby was in a tractor seat complete with steering wheel and brother got a race car. For older children they have offerings such as video game systems and choices of games. All the movies and the games were kid appropriate. Hair cuts for kids have come a long way in the last few years. It would seem that they were quite successful in their little niche however. And I didn't even mind paying slightly more than I would pay for a hair cut because of the perfect atmosphere for baby's first haircut.

Posted by Andrea :: 5:02 PM :: 0 Comments:

Post a Comment

---------------------------------------