How to Lead a Charmed Life

Friday, December 02, 2005

Baby's 1st Snow

Well she isn't exactly a baby anymore. And it has snowed, but this is the first time she's actually been out in it. It was an interesting experience to say the least. Of course, still being a toddler, the first thing she did was scoop up a great big handfull and try to eat it. This is immediately followed by much spitting and her holding her very cold and wet hand up to mommy to 'fix'. Her daddy and I are probably mroe amused than anyone else by this story, but it's one we'll share for years to come.

It was also December 1st, so we decided to try another first with her and have her photo taken with Santa. Let me tell you first that she will chase 7 foot tall rats around a park or a 7 foot dinosaur, or Wags the dog. She will have nothing whatsoever to do with Old St. Nick. To say it was a dismal failure would be an understatement. In the only photo we were able to get she was wailing her little head off. Our sweet little angel took on demented tortured features that you may find in a sci fi film but never expect to see on Santa's lap. I finally relented, I could not stand by and watch my baby be so tortured I picked her up and accepted that we were not going to have a good Santa photo this year. She held onto me as though I were the very breathe of life. Until I put her down. And then she would have nothing to do with me. Yes, I saved her from the jolly man in the red suit, but I was the one to put her there in the first page. I was now the enemy. At least until lunch time. Then all was right with the world. She was home, she was fed, and it was time for a nap.

Posted by Andrea :: 7:07 AM :: 0 Comments:

Post a Comment

---------------------------------------