How to Lead a Charmed Life

Sunday, December 04, 2005

Our little Ice Show

Last night was our first winter storm. It wasn't the light snows we've been having recently. It was the deadly kind. Black ice, ice everywhere, in fact I wrenched my back going out to the car with baby, bags, and complete overload as usual. I didn't fall, thankfully; but I am still in pain. The ice is everywhere it's been here all day and remains as night drones on. I had forgotten during the time that I was away (the last 5 years) how pretty the ice was. It's deceptively beauitiful, like walking into a crystal garden. Even the pine tree was lovely (and I have no great affinity for pine) but each of the needles was outlined in ice. It was quite lovely today.

I still prefer the snow but watching the icicles form everywhere and watching our little pond freeze over, well there is always something magical about it to me. That's all I have for today. I hope your winter is as full of magic as mine is turning out to be.

Posted by Andrea :: 8:47 PM :: 0 Comments:

Post a Comment

---------------------------------------