How to Lead a Charmed Life

Tuesday, December 20, 2005

After a few days off

Things seem new again. We all need time off occassionally and the holidays are a good time. The kids are out of school, there are last minute preparations that need to be made for Santa's big trek, and there is a need to appreciate family and simply enjoy each others presence. I know it's been a good time for me to enjoy watching the kids play with early gifts from the big family Christmas and work on clearing out space for all the new items received and yet to be received (you know what this means...clearing out the happy meal toys from the bottom of the toybox and the broken things that no one ever plays with anymore or toys that are no longer age appropriate...which always instantly become their favorite can't live without toy when faced with the rubbish bin).

It's also been a time of cooking, gift wrapping, and getting back to things that are really important...like vegging out on the couch all day in our PJs watching old Christmas movies. We even made a huge mess with the popcorn. We've made some of our favorite dishes (homemade pizza, lasagna, and chicken strips) it has been a great time not worrying about page rankings and revenue and what I am going to write about tomorrow.

But the one thing that was sort of surprising to me is how much I missed the daily routine or writing. Of putting words to my thoughts. I've really enjoyed my time off but now I'm ready to get back to work.

Take care everyone!

Posted by Andrea :: 9:59 AM :: 1 Comments:

Post a Comment

---------------------------------------